Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The first dessert I ever made...

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe has been in my family for years. I can't recall the exact age I was when I first made them, but I know I was required to use a chair to reach the counter. They're simple. They're easy. And they're delicious.




The Original Recipe
                                                 
What I love about this recipe is that the cookies are extremely moist and soft. I HATE crispy, hard, rock-solid cookies. I know it is a matter of opinion on how you enjoy your cookies so hard cookie-lovers beware. This is not a recipe for you.

Ingredients


Milk Chocolate Chipits are better than semi-sweet chocolate chips :)


Keep the dry and wet ingredients separate.




As a kid, I definitely enjoyed making "sandcastles" with the brown sugar.




Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients




Mix ingredients and add chocolate chips





Roll dough into roughly 1 inch balls.




The best thing I ever bought was a cooling rack.
I would definitely recommend one.










Enjoy with a cold glass of milk :)






So here is the recipe:

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients together. Add chocolate chips. Cook for 7-8 minutes. Oven temp. 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...