Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dessert: Cheesecake Pops

I have been really struggling with cake pops lately. I got a cake pop machine for Christmas and I am realizing I need to get myself some kind of book or find a very informative website to help me out. I mean they taste amazing, but they never look like the beautiful ones I see all over Pinterest. I made some Red Velvet Cake Pops that I didn't even bother to post a couple weeks ago. And these Cheesecake Pops were actually dipped in chocolate, but they were such a mess that I decided only to use the pictures without. There must be a trick to these things, but for now I will just close my eyes and enjoy!




Recipe:

Yields approx. 2 dozen

2- 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. heavy cream

graham cracker crumbs
lollipop sticks




Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Beat together cream cheese and sugar.

3. Add flour, vanilla, salt, eggs, and cream to the mixture. Blend until smooth.

4. Pour into a spring-form pan and bake in oven for 50 minutes.

5. Refrigerate for an hour.

6. Fill a bowl with graham cracker crumbs. Scoop out tablespoon-size balls from the cheesecake. Roll balls in crumbs and place onto a baking sheet. Allow pops to harden in the fridge.

7. Press lollipop sticks into the cheesecake pops.


Optional: Dip in melted milk chocolate, nuts, sprinkles, etc.

Recipe Adapted from: That Skinny Chick Can Bake

~ Enjoy ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...