Sunday, November 4, 2012

Doggie Cupcakes: My Dog's 15th Birthday!


My Little Pumpkin turned 15 the other day! I have had Buddy since I was nine-years-old. He has been such a good dog over the years and its hard to remember a time before he wasn't stomping around.

I'll admit that he wasn't always good. He had a tendency of hopping fences, running around the neighbourhood creating chaos, and once he even smashed the front window when he saw a squirrel outside. However, in the last five years, he has embraced his senior years and has calmed significantly.

Now normally I wouldn't be so dog crazy, but 15 is pretty monumental for a Lab/Shepherd. So I had to go big for what will likely be his last birthday (sadly). He is having more trouble getting up and climbing the stairs. Unfortunately the end is nearing though I hate admitting it.

I decided to make him dog-friendly cupcakes for his birthday. The recipe yielded four large cupcakes, which was perfect for two large dogs to share (yes, we also have a Lab/Alaskan Malamute who is gigantic).






Not happy about the hat that my sister made him wear.

Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Cupcakes

1 cup white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Adapted from Dog Treat Recipe Exchange



What? - Onyx




Cinnamon Frosting

12 oz. light cream cheese
3 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla

Pipe frosting onto cupcake and top with a Milkbone. And let them enjoy :)






Best Friends




Stealing Buddy's Hat

*Note: Buddy passed away 15 days after this was posted. It happened very suddenly and quickly. He has been so missed. I am happy to say that this is actually my most viewed post! I am glad he is living on through this blog  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...