Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cupcakes: Birdie Baby Shower - Part I

The Making of the Birds

I have been requested to make a Bird-themed Baby Shower Cake and Cupcakes. So I started tonight on the birds. I decided to make the birds from fondant (which I rarely work with) and they turned out beautiful. Note: My brother has my good camera so I apologize for these shaky shots.


Cardinal Cut Outs

Added lemon extract for flavour

Painted the birds blue, pink and gold.

Paint was Wilton Pearl Dust mixed with lemon and almond extract

Each bird will be added to a cupcake or the cake

Hopefully the mother-to-be will love them :)

See more ideas at:
http://www.babylifestyles.com/2012/08/fantasy-elegant-gold-bird-themed-baby-shower-dessert-table/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...