Thursday, March 17, 2011

Me

Favourite things? I have so many. I like writing, gardening, baking, cooking, painting, drawing, antiques, swimming, jogging, photography, biking, kayaking, hiking, movies, adventuring, vacationing, fashion, learning, music, and most of all reading (just to name a few).

With my journalism degree done in just over a month, it is time to figure out what to do with my life. I don't envision myself working a typical office job so my goal is to figure out what I'm good at. I'm a bit of a free-spirit and I march to my own drum. I don't feel alone in this path-finding predicament. My entire generation seems to be struggling to find their place in the world.

This blog was designed for me to have an outlet to write. I have always wanted to be a writer, but I can't go get a job at a writing factory. It isn't a practical job straight out of university. A lot of people would love to call themselves a professional writer. Until my future novel tops a bestseller list, I will have to bide my time some other way.

Along with writing, I found a love for reading at an early age. "Reader are leaders" my mom use to say and I remember being so jealous when my older brother learned to read before me. He had an entire box full of flash cards that I was to inherit once I entered grade one.

As I got older, sports, art, film, antiques, history, food, culture, and gardening peaked my interests. This blog is dedicated to everything I love with an emphasis on books. If I were to be a journalist, I would love to write book and movie reviews. The goal of this blog is to hopefully figure out my path in life and have readers find a few good books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...